Vulcan Orienteering Club COVID-19 Event Management Plan
Event Management Plan to ensure Vulcan Orienteering Club events are held in a safe and responsible manner. This plan incorporates the principles of social distancing as outlined below.
Social Distancing Guidelines
- Always keep at least six feet of distance from other people if possible.
- Wear a cloth mask that covers your mouth and nose when reporting to the start area to pick up your map.
- All registration will be online with cutoff on Friday evening before each event.
- All start times are assigned during online registration and will be staggered a minimum of one minute apart to allow for social distancing.
- All runners will show at their assigned start times to receive their course map and begin.
- If you are not feeling well, you should not attend/participate.
- You should not participate if you have come had contact with someone who is sick.
- We will offer a hand sanitation station at the start and finish area.
- We will frequently clean all surfaces that runners and volunteers have had contact with.
- Runners should provide their own drinking water. We will not provide any drinking water on the courses.
- All registration will be done online.
- All start times are staggered at least one minute apart and are assigned during online registration.
- The starter will have a master list of registered participants with start times and courses.
- The start area will be "flagged off" with a line up section to pick up maps.
- Maintain social distance (stay 6 feet away from others) when approaching the start area.
- All instructions will be posted on the Vulcan Orienteering Club web page.
- After finishing, please leave the area. Results will be posted online.
- We will use SportIdent timing for all races.
- If you need to pass a slower runner, please ask them if they would allow you to pass.
- When you approach a checkpoint, please continue a safe distance away so others can pass.
- Please be courteous and safe.
- Runners should bring their own water if needed.
- There will be no drinking water or snacks provided on the courses or at the start/finish.
Vulcan Orienteering Club will do the following:
- All volunteers will wear face masks.
- We will provide gloves for all volunteers.
- We will provide and sanitizer for runners and volunteers.
- We will provide sanitizing wipes for volunteers to use.
Download Full COVID-19 Plan (pdf, 102k)